What You Should Know
1. Read through the application carefully and follow the instructions. Complete everything on the appropriate Application Checklist to bring to your interview. Do NOT mail anything to ArtWorks. A portion of the application is available to complete online.
2. Bring completed application materials to interviews. Interviews are 2 days only: April 20 & April 21, 2013. Those who choose to use the online application will be given an assigned interview time between 11am – 1:30pm. All walk-in interviews (without appointments) will be from 1pm – 3pm each day.
3. All applicants for the 2013 Summer Program will be notified of ArtWorks’ hiring decisions by mail by the end of May 2013. No calls, please.
ArtWorks Apprentice Job Responsibilities
When hired, ArtWorks Apprentices agree to uphold the rules and fulfill the job responsibilities detailed in the Apprentice Manual. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Come to work every day and be on time.
- Be ready to work when the day starts.
- Cooperate with your Teaching Staff.
- Follow instructions and complete your assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Be positive and respect the rights of others.
- Be open-minded; ArtWorks encourages diversity of ideas and experience.
- Dress appropriately for your project.
For a complete list of responsibilities and ArtWorks’ rules, download an example of a past Apprentice Manual.
2013 Summer Work Schedule
In 2013, summer project schedules will vary in length and range from four to ten weeks between June 10 and August 23, 2013. The general work schedule is Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. or 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
After-School Work Schedule
After-School work schedules vary based on the project. Usual hours are one weekend day and 1 – 2 weekday afternoons, after school hours.
Click here to sign up for ArtWorks’ Artist Opportunities e-mail list and you’ll receive e-mails whenever we are hiring or have other exciting art opportunities.
ArtWorks Attendance Policy
Apprentices are only allowed three excused absences during the ArtWorks Summer Program*. An absence is only considered “excused” when it is called into the ArtWorks Office by 9 a.m. the day of the absence, or earlier. Personal illness, vacation or other activities may all count as excused absences if ArtWorks is properly notified.
*A fourth absence will result in termination of employment, unless there are special circumstances that are excused by the Talent Coordinator. These circumstances are described below and require appropriate documentation.
- Illness is excused with a valid doctor’s note stating the date(s) that you were absent from work. If an illness prevents you from being at work for an extended period of time you must bring a doctor’s note that states how many work days you will miss and when you will return to work.
- College Orientation will only be excused with official documentation from the school detailing the dates you will be absent from work due to college orientation.
- Family emergencies include a death in the family or similar situations. You will need to have a discussion with the Talent Coordinator to determine what appropriate documentation you will need to be excused.
*Projects lasting 8-10 weeks will be allowed four excused absences.
Have other questions? Try our Frequently Asked Questions page, or e-mail Apply@ArtWorksCincinnati.org.